Mot de passe perdu ?

Inscrivez-vous !
Menu Inscription
Chercher
Menu Principal
Réservé aux Membres
Liens Utiles
Qui est en ligne
43 Personne(s) en ligne (20 Personne(s) connectée(s) sur Forum)

Utilisateurs: 0
Invités: 43

plus...

Parcourir cette discussion :   1 Utilisateurs non enregistré en ligne

This years trips to “Belonga Mick”
Régulier
Régulier

Informations utilisateur
I’ll be riding down to scout this years “Belonga Mick” ride on 20th April, probably bunk down in Abbeville and continue south on 21st, arriving Gerberoy or thereabouts at about 10.30am, from there I will be taking a rout towards Dreux (avoiding Paris) then my usual road to Bethines via the Bis, unless that is anyone has any other suggestions?
This is the first of many trips I will be doing on the bike this year, I’ll be in the Van in May but the bike June 10th (alone) and July 6th (with meJulie) to scout the ride to Fifi’s and on into Italy. Van again August but back on the bike September 16th after UK event in Torquay, this one I’ll be arriving at Cherbourg so taking a new rout for me down the west of your beautiful country, I love traveling a new road.
Then of course it is the “Belonga Mick” ride, we will post details of dates and schedule after this scouting trip when I will have more idea of rout and times.
Hopefully we’ll meet on the road
Mick.

Image redimensionnée

Date de publication : 12/04/2013 09:43
Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit M. Wong Haut

Re: This years trips to “Belonga Mick”
vieux sage
vieux sage

Informations utilisateur
Citation :

Mickmanchester a écrit:
I’ll be riding down to scout this years “Belonga Mick” ride on 20th April, probably bunk down in Abbeville and continue south on 21st, arriving Gerberoy or thereabouts at about 10.30am, from there I will be taking a rout towards Dreux (avoiding Paris) then my usual road to Bethines via the Bis, unless that is anyone has any other suggestions?
This is the first of many trips I will be doing on the bike this year, I’ll be in the Van in May but the bike June 10th (alone) and July 6th (with meJulie) to scout the ride to Fifi’s and on into Italy. Van again August but back on the bike September 16th after UK event in Torquay, this one I’ll be arriving at Cherbourg so taking a new rout for me down the west of your beautiful country, I love traveling a new road.
Then of course it is the “Belonga Mick” ride, we will post details of dates and schedule after this scouting trip when I will have more idea of rout and times.
Mick.

Image redimensionnée

A prendre comme un appel du pied pour une rencontre impromptue avec nos amis anglais le week-end des 20 et 21 Avril. Font étape à Abbeville puis à Gerberoy avant de continuer vers le Sud.

Qui serait intéressé pour se retrouver et ainsi vérifier le bon réglage de nos montures avant les TDP.

Date de publication : 13/04/2013 17:28

vieux sage
vieux sage

Informations utilisateur
Citation :

Mickmanchester a écrit:

... then my usual road to Bethines via the Bis, unless that is anyone has any other suggestions?

A suggestion ?

On your way down to the South, visit " Les Andelys " and the "Château Gaillard".

A great page of common French and English history

Date de publication : 13/04/2013 17:34

Régulier
Régulier

Informations utilisateur
Citation :

grand_lu_92 a écrit:
Citation :

Mickmanchester a écrit:

... then my usual road to Bethines via the Bis, unless that is anyone has any other suggestions?

A suggestion ?

On your way down to the South, visit " Les Andelys " and the "Château Gaillard".

A great page of common French and English history

Thanks for the “Château Gaillard” suggestion; I will include that in my itinerary.

Date de publication : 13/04/2013 21:30

Membre du
Membre du

Informations utilisateur
Citation :

grand_lu_92 a écrit:
Citation :

Mickmanchester a écrit:
Mick.

Image redimensionnée

A prendre comme un appel du pied pour une rencontre impromptue avec nos amis anglais le week-end des 20 et 21 Avril. Font étape à Abbeville puis à Gerberoy avant de continuer vers le Sud.

Qui serait intéressé pour se retrouver et ainsi vérifier le bon réglage de nos montures avant les TDP.

En fait pour ce voyage Mike sera seul semble t'il, c'est fin septembre, début octobre que l'équipe vient au complet, ils devraient passer à la maison à cette occasion.

FiFi

Date de publication : 13/04/2013 23:57

Membre du
Membre du

Informations utilisateur
Chartres : The most beautiful Gothic cathedral of France
Image redimensionnée

Chateaudun : big castel
Image redimensionnée

Vendôme : a beautiful and old small city
Image redimensionnée

Blois (city and castle)
Image redimensionnée

Cheverny (Castel):Link for Cheverny Castel

Zoo de beauval (Zoo with White tiger and Panda) (near St Aignan)
Image redimensionnée

Date de publication : 14/04/2013 00:29

Régulier
Régulier

Informations utilisateur
Thanks Fifi, that is my usual rout, but as a rule I go on the bypass and miss most of the sights, this year I will stop and look.
The cathedral at Chartres I have seen from a distance on the N154 from Dreux, it looks massive from there so am sure close up it must be huge.
Again with Chateaudun, Vendôme, and Blois I tend to take the road around the city and bypass the beauty, this year I will visit.
We have watched the zoo being established from a field to the spectacle it now is, and it is still being developed, it is only 90 klms from our house so not far to visit in a day but I’m sure it would be better to stay over and spend 2 days there, it looks fantastic, they have done a great job developing it.
Thanks for the suggestions; I’m looking forward to many a happy hour discovering for myself the beauty of France.

Date de publication : 14/04/2013 12:00

Régulier
Régulier

Informations utilisateur
RIDE TO BELONGA MICK’S 2013

Tuesday October 1st to Tuesday 0ctober 8th

This year it’s an 8 day event to include a trip to Clermont Ferrand and a meeting with the French crew by invitation of Fifi
After long consideration we’ve decided to leave the date where it was, something to look forward to at the end of the riding season,
Brief itinerary
Tuesday October 1st, train and stay in northern France, scenic route (Dreux)
arriving approximately 15.00 hrs at Gerberoy then ride to Dreux, arrive approximately 18.30 hrs
Wednesday ride to Belonga Mick very scenic route,
Thursday small ride out (Oradour-sur-Glane) or rest day, depending how you feel,
Friday ride to Clermont Ferrand scenic route
Saturday French guided ride out,
Sunday return to Belonga Mick,
Monday ride north to Amiens
Tuesday return home via euro tunnel after paying respects.

Anyone interested in joining us on any part of this trip is welcome, if you want to stay with us in Bethines we have special rates at the local B and B, message me for full booking details.

If you want to register for this event contact me ASAP as places are limited due to availability of rooms in Bethines.

Date de publication : 19/06/2013 12:49
VRCC #26062 – VRCCUKDS #001
“Sometimes I'd head for the highway
I’m old and the mirrors don’t lie”
https://belongamick.eu/

Régulier
Régulier

Informations utilisateur
Itinerary

2013 BELONGA MICK

1st October book 11.20 hrs train Folkestone to Calais ...

from Calais 188 miles to Dreux, book Premiere Classe
link
http://www.hotels.com/hotel/details.h ... veTab=DESTINATION&page=1#

Our rout will include a lunch stop followed by a sightseeing refreshment stop at stop at Gerberoy at about 15.30

Arrive Dreux about 18.30

Day 2, kickstands up 09.30 hrs. Scenic ride to Belonga Mick about 180 miles traveling via (and stopping in to see)

Chartres, Cathedral

Chateaudun, Drive Thru

Vendôme, lunch stop

Blois, coffee stop

Cheverny, the Château coffee stop

Bethines ETA 16.30 hrs BBQ

3rd day, rideout to local site of historic interest, followed by BBQ

4th day ride to Fif’s and meet with French crew

5th day guided ride and museum tour

6th day return to Belonga Mick, BBQ

7th day scenic ride north to Saint-Omer-en-Chaussée
book accommodation at
LOGIS Moulin des Forges 8 Rue du Moulin des Forges, 60860
hotels.com
http://reservation-hotel.logishotels. ... &hotelid=15362&partid=661

Via Blois
Chateaudun (lunch stop)
Chartres

8th day return to UK via
Thiepval Memorial
Then a scenic ride to Calais and the train home

Book train for 15.20 hrs Calais to Folkestone

For the first few to register accommodation at Belonga Mick is free, if you don’t get in there we have negotiated special rates with the local B and B (English spoken so no worries), contact me for details, this will also include transfer to and from Belonga Mick for BBQ

Date de publication : 10/08/2013 20:12

Modifié par : Mickmanchester le 10/08/2013 23:12:47

Membre du
Membre du

Informations utilisateur
Citation :

Mickmanchester a écrit:
Itinerary

2013 BELONGA MICK

1st October book 11.20 hrs train Folkestone to Calais ...

from Calais 188 miles to Dreux, book Premiere Classe
link
http://www.hotels.com/hotel/details.h ... veTab=DESTINATION&page=1#

Our rout will include a lunch stop followed by a sightseeing refreshment stop at stop at Gerberoy at about 15.30

Arrive Dreux about 18.30

Day 2, kickstands up 09.30 hrs. Scenic ride to Belonga Mick about 180 miles traveling via (and stopping in to see)

Chartres, Cathedral

Chateaudun, Drive Thru

Vendôme, lunch stop

Blois, coffee stop

Cheverny, the Château coffee stop

Bethines ETA 16.30 hrs BBQ

3rd day, rideout to local site of historic interest, followed by BBQ

4th day ride to Fif’s and meet with French crew

Two houses are booked now,
Fifi's one with two room (Mike and July Manchester - Jane and Geoff Farthing) i just have finish the new bathroom. (free of charge)
Fifi's family house (5km) with 3 double rooms and two solo room, two small bathrooms.(free of charge)
If other rooms are necessery i could find a B&B (3km) with 3 rooms but need to book quickly. (not free)

All breakfast will be in Fifi home, and a BBQ for the first night too.(free of charge)

5th day guided ride and museum tour : Tour of lakes and volcanoes of Auvergne, At the end of the day we can visit the motorcycle muséum Baster and have a dinner on place in the Indian Saloon. (25 euros by person).

6th day return to Belonga Mick, BBQ

7th day scenic ride north to Saint-Omer-en-Chaussée
book accommodation at
LOGIS Moulin des Forges 8 Rue du Moulin des Forges, 60860
hotels.com
http://reservation-hotel.logishotels. ... &hotelid=15362&partid=661

Via Blois
Chateaudun (lunch stop)
Chartres

8th day return to UK via
Thiepval Memorial
Then a scenic ride to Calais and the train home

Book train for 15.20 hrs Calais to Folkestone

For the first few to register accommodation at Belonga Mick is free, if you don’t get in there we have negotiated special rates with the local B and B (English spoken so no worries), contact me for details, this will also include transfer to and from Belonga Mick for BBQ

Date de publication : 10/08/2013 23:46

Régulier
Régulier

Informations utilisateur
Thanks for filling in the details Fifi, your generosity in offering accommodation is most appreciated.
I have now announced the ride on facebook and posted on the UK main board, with luck we will get some interest, unfortunately fucking Ferdinand isn’t coming, victim of the economic climate but I am hoping we will get enough interest so the effort put in will not be in vain.
If there are any local riders who would like to share some wind on our ride south I’d ask them to let me know so I can schedule a meeting point into itinerary, be great to have local company on the ride down.

Image redimensionnée

Date de publication : 11/08/2013 15:06

[Recherche avancée]

Site realise par Clyde avec : XOOPS 2.5 © 2001-2015 The XOOPS Project